MEET: 2019 HCAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships
LOCATION: Cincinnati, Ohio (Schueler Field)
WOMEN'S FINISH: 4th of 10 teams after 20 events (94 points)
THE SHORT STORY: The Earlham College women's track and field team claimed three individual first-place finishes and one relay title on day two of the 2019 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championships. The Quakers finished fourth out of 10 teams with 94 points, and trailed third-place Manchester University by just two points.
ON THE TRACK
- Senior Aishat Sadiq took first place in both the 100m (12.69) and the 200m (25.79), earning 20 points for the Quakers. Leilah Hicks posted a 26.12 in the 200m to finish second to gain eight points, and was third in the 100m with a time of 12.96 to pick up six more points.
- Sophomore Ellie Haland won her second event of the meet with a first-place showing in the 800m run, clocking a time of 2:22.05. Jasmine Lorenzana was fourth in the 800m with a mark of 2:24.37, and together they amassed and additional 15 points for Earlham.
- Haland also finished second in the 1500m run with a time of 4:48.30, garnering an additional eight points.
- Sophomore Esther Mano was fifth in the triple jump with a jump of 9.73m (31-11 1/4) to earn four points for the Quakers.
- Sophomore Jennifer Douyere ran to a time of 1:14.17 to finish seventh in the 400m hurdles, picking up two points.
- First year Remy Haggerty was eighth in the 5000m run, finishing in a time of 19:41.06 to earn one point.
- In the relay events, the Earlham team of Sarah Dickman, Hicks, Hailey Beel, and Sadiq won the 4x100m with a time of 49.63, earning 10 points. The Quakers were fourth in the 4x400m relay (4:10.91) with the team of Haland, Beel, Hicks, and Lorenzana, picking up five points.