MEET: Ohio Wesleyan Marv Frye Invitational
LOCATION: Delaware, Ohio (George Gauthier Track)
WOMEN'S FINISH: Seventh of 10 teams, 48 points
THE SHORT STORY: The Earlham College women's track and field team picked up first-place finishes from Esther Mano, Aishat Sadiq, and Ellie Haland, and set a new school record in the 4x100m relay during Saturday's Marv Frye Invitational meet at Ohio Wesleyan University.
ON THE TRACK
- In the field events, Esther Mano won the triple jump with a mark of 32-11 3/4 (10.05m), giving the junior from Harare, Zimbabwe, the first event title at a regular season meet in her career. Aishat Sadiq finished third in the long jump with a leap of 16-5 (5.00m).
- Ellie Haland won the 1500m run with a time of 4:50.09.
- Aishat Sadiq took first place in the 100m dash with a time of 12.43 seconds, only .05 seconds off her best time this season.
- Jasmine Lorenzana picked up a single point for the Quakers in the 800m run, with her eighth-place finish in the event. She posted a time of 2:25.66, shaving nearly three seconds off her previous personal best.
- Earlham's 4x100m team of Hailey Beel, Leilah Hicks, Sarah Dickman, and Aishat Sadiq clocked a 49.70, finishing fourth in the race but setting a new Earlham record. They eclipsed the previous mark of 49.77 seconds, set last season by Chloe Lamenzo, Hicks, Beel, and Sadiq. The time of 49.70 seconds is also a season-best mark in the HCAC.
- In the 4x400m relay, the Quakers' team of Ellie Haland, Hailey Beel, Leilah Hicks, and Jasmine Lorenzana posted a 4:11.84, finishing with a season-best mark in the HCAC.
The Earlham track and field teams will be back on the track next Saturday, April 13, when they travel to DePauw University to participate in the Indiana D-III Championship.