FINAL SCORE: Muskingum 18, Earlham 4
LOCATION: Richmond, Ind. (Darrell Beane Stadium)
RECORDS: Earlham 1-7 / Muskingum 4-4
THE SHORT STORY: Visiting Muskingum University rolled out to a 10-goal lead on its way to an 18-4 win over the Earlham College men's lacrosse team, Wednesday evening at Darrell Beane Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Muskingum dominated the scoring in the first and second quarters and had a 10-0 lead going into the locker room at the halftime break.
- Earlham scored the first goal of the second half when Tony Boutwell's shot found the back of the Muskies' cage at the 11:09 mark of the third quarter. The goal was Boutwell's sixth of the season.
- After three more goals by the Muskies, extending their lead to 13-1, the Quakers struck again on Josh Perkins' goal – his first of the season – off an assist from Boutwell at the 1:47 mark.
- The Muskies tacked on one final goal in the third quarter and four more in the fourth before Earlham charted the final two goals of the game. Joel Dominguez notched his 12th goal of the season with 1:40 showing on the game clock, and Boutwell charted his second of the game and seventh of the season just under a minute later.
- Muskingum outshot Earlham, 55-11, with Quaker goalies Josh Perkins and Blake Francis combining for 19 saves.
- Dominguez finished with one goal while Boutwell tallied two goals and one assist on the night, giving each player 12 points on the season – more than was recorded by any individual during the restarted program's first season in 2018.
- Ryan Stacey and Josh Fletcher led Muskingum with six and five goals respectively. Goalies Brandon Farley and Quentin Lawrence combined for three saves.
Earlham men's lacrosse returns to Heartland Collegiate Lacrosse Conference play this weekend when it heads to Cincinnati, Ohio, to face Mount St. Joseph University. Game time at Schueler Field is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.