FINAL SCORE: Concordia Chicago 12, Earlham 1
LOCATION: Hanover, Ind. (Alumni Stadium)
RECORDS: Earlham 1-6 / Concordia Chicago 4-3
THE SHORT STORY: Concordia Chicago scored nine straight goals before Earlham College men's lacrosse got on the scoreboard, and the Quakers fell to the visiting Cougars, 12-1, in a non-conference matchup on Saturday at Darrell Beane Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Chicago held a 3-0 lead at the end of the first quarter following goals by Boston Dumas, Brett Krueger, and Hunter Combe. Combe struck again at the 11:35 mark of the second quarter, and Mateo Saputo tacked on another goal for CUC with 25 seconds remaining, giving the Cougars a 5-0 lead at halftime.
- The Cougars tacked on four more goals in the third quarter, extending their lead to 9-0 with 2:15 to play in the frame. Krueger scored three of the four CUC goals.
- Earlham got on the scoreboard at the 1:57 mark of the third quarter, when Anthony Boutwell found the back of the Concordia Chicago cage to cut the margin to 9-1.
- CUC added three insurance goals in the final quarter.
- Concordia Chicago outscored Earlham, 51-29, and picked up 39 ground balls to the Quakers' 22.
- Starter Josh Perkins and reserve Blake Francis combined for 26 saves in the Earlham cage. Concordia Chicago goalies Jack Liskey and Alex Pankey charted 17 saves.
Earlham men's lacrosse concludes its three-game homestand on Wednesday, March 27, when it hosts Muskingum University. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.