MEET: 2019 HCAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships
LOCATION: Cincinnati, Ohio (Schueler Field)
WOMEN'S FINISH: T-6th of 9 teams after 6 events
THE SHORT STORY: Earlham College sophomore Ellie Haland won the 3000m steeplechase to highlight first day results for the Quakers at the 2019 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championships. The Earlham women finished the first day tied for sixth overall with 15 points.
ON THE TRACK
- Haland bested the field in the 3000m steeplechase with a time of 11:15.94, nearly 34 seconds ahead of her nearest rival, to claim 10 points for the Quakers.
- First year Remy Haggerty added four points to Earlham's tally with her fifth-place finish in the 10,000m run. She finished with a time of 42:08.12.
- Senior Aishat Sadiq earned a point in the long jump after placing eighth with a jump of 4.92m (16-1 3/4).
LOOKING AHEAD TO SATURDAY
- Sadiq and Leilah Hicks advanced to Saturday's finals in the 100m and 200m dashes. Sadiq had the top time of 12.79 seconds in Friday's 100m prelims, while Hicks led the way in the 200m prelims with a time of 26.15.
- Haland qualified for Saturday's 800m finals with the top preliminary time of 2:22.56.
- Sophomore Jennifer Douyere advanced to Saturday's finals of the 400m hurdles, after clocking a 1:13.43 in Friday's preliminaries.
Saturday's competition in the HCAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships starts with the field events (javelin) at 9:30 a.m., while the first event on the track is slated to start at 12:30 p.m.