RICHMOND, Indiana – The Earlham College women's track and field team opens its 2017-18 indoor season at the University of Indianapolis Invitational on Saturday.
The Invitational: Field events will begin at 11 a.m. with track events opening up competition at 11:30 a.m.
The Coaches: Claire and Rob Hewitt both enter their second seasons at co-head cross country coaches at Earlham. Last season, the Hewitt's led the Quakers to a sixth-place finish in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) conference. Prior to coming to Earlham, Claire worked at the University of Pennsylvania as an assistant women's cross country coach while Rob had been a high school cross country and track & field coach at national powerhouse Germantown Friends High School (Pennsylvania) since 2004.
Players to Watch:
- Leilah Hicks (60-meter dash, 200-meter dash)
- Chloe Lamenzo (60-meter dash, triple jump)
- Kassidy West (60-meter dash, 200-meter dash, long jump)
- Annalee Wilson (Pole Vault, 60-meter dash)
- Hailey Beel (200-meter dash, 400-meter dash)
- Jasmine Lorenzana (800-meter run)
- Rachel Wilkins (800-meter run, All-HCAC in cross country)
- Angelica Carpio (High Jump)
Social Media: Earlham athletics is represented on Facebook (Earlham Quakers Athletics), Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (@Earlham Quakers). The Quakers also have a mobile application (Earlham Athletics Front Row) available for download on the App Store and Google Play.
Up Next: Earlham travels to the Ron Althoff Classic hosted by Ohio Wesleyan University on Jan. 12.