MEET: Washington & Lee University Carnival
LOCATION: Lexington, Va. (Wilson Field Track)
MEN'S FINISH: Not team scored
WOMEN'S FINISH:Not team scored
THE SHORT STORY: Earlham College men's and women's track and field opened their 2019 outdoor seasons at the Washington & Lee University Carnival in Lexington, Va. The Quakers' day was highlighted by a new Earlham record in the women's 1500m by Ellie Haland, and a top-10 finish in the men's 5000m by Noah Scherf.
ON THE TRACK – EARLHAM MEN
- Sophomore Noah Scherf was seventh overall in the men's 5000m run, posting a time of 15:39.92.
- In the men's 4 x 400m relay, the quartet of Michael Grady, Drew FitzGibbon, Daniel Kibet, and Emanuel Faria clocked a time of 3:30.88.
- Riley Green was Earlham's top performer in the 1500m with a time of 4:26.73, good enough for 24th in the field of 50 runners in the event.
ON THE TRACK – EARLHAM WOMEN
- Sophomore Ellie Haland a new Earlham outdoor records in the 1500m (4:47.18), where she finished second overall.
- Haland teamed up with Hailey Beel, Jasmine Lorenzana, and Jennifer Douyere to finish fourth in the 4 x 400m relay, posting a time of 4:12.26.
Earlham competes in day two of the Washington & Lee University Carnival on Saturday, March 16, at the Wilson Field Track. Field events begin at 11:00 a.m., with track events starting at 12:00 p.m. with the 4 x 100m relay.